Wednesday, August 1, 2012

National Friendship Week is just around the corner. Over the next few weeks we will be making lots of new friends as new members join. How great would it be if everyone shared their favorite Girl Scout story or tale of friendship? I spent so many wonderful years in Girl Scouts and met amazing friends. I am so happy to say that I still stay in touch with some and am delighted when I run into one unexpectedly after all these years.

Just recently on one of my trips to camp I ran into a Girl Scout mom who happened to be in my first ever Girl Scout troop. We started as Daisies and her mom was leader, my mom was co-leader. I moved in first grade, but we stayed in touch with my old troop because they were only 15 minutes away. Then as we got older we lost touch, but she is now mom to her very own Girl Scout.

It was such a nice surprise to see her and know that her daughter is now having similar experiences to the ones we had.  Just thought I'd share. Would love to hear your story or even better see it! Feel free to post your pictures to our facebook wall.

-Cheers!
  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment